Just like the dry weather of winter can cause damage and you need to follow certain winter hair care to control damage, similarly, the summer sun and the summer humidity are also your hair’s worst enemy. Thus with the advent of summer you start experiencing numerous hair problems like dry hair, split ends, fri
zzy and brittle hair. All these means its time you start paying attention to your hair. Here are some handy Summer Hair Care Tips to prevent damage to your hair:
- Trim the damaged sections of your hair, especially if you tend to have frizzy hair and keep them short during summer. Wearing a short hairstyle during summer lets you enjoy the sun, without having to put all your worries on your hair.
- If you do not want to cut short your hair, remember to wear a hat, cap or scarf, slightly loose enough to allow scalp circulation, to protect your hair against the damaging effects of the sun.
- Keep your hair knotted or wear buns or plats to avoid total exposure to sun and thus control frizzes.
- If you are planning to stay long in the sun, use a protective sunscreen on your hair before stepping out.
- Try using Sun Hair repair mask, after your hair is exposed to the harmful effects of the sun for a long duration.
- Avoid using additional heat on your hair, meaning make the least use of Hair Dryers or Hair Curlers on your hair. If at all using it, remember to condition your hair before you do so.
- Avoid hot water hair wash, as the heat can damage your hair. Use cool water instead.
- Avoid using alcohol on your hair during summer, as it tends to dry your hair to a great extent. It is therefore advisable to use natural products instead.
- Shampooing your hair everyday deprives the hair of its natural moisture. So, try not to shampoo your hair daily.
- Try using moisturizing shampoo during summer, rather than the normal shampoo that you use during other times, as they are much gentle on your hair.
- Instead of shampooing your hair frequently try some powder treatment on your hair. Sprinkle some baby powder on your hair and simply comb it.
- Deep condition your hair after each shampoo wash.
- Products with replenishing actions works better in summer.
- Intake of lots of water hydrates your system during summer, which provides natural health to your hair.
- Treat the frizzy areas of your hair with jojoba oil, and wrap it with plastic before going to bed. Leave it in that way through out the night. Shampoo in the morning.
- Chlorine causes severe dryness to your hair. So it is recommended that before going for swimming dampen your hair, so that it reduces the absorption of chlorine. Also, after swimming, you use a clarifying shampoo to wash off the chlorine residues on your hair.
Hair products claiming to provide volume and bounce to your hair, dries out your hair and do not moisturize it.
It is worth remembering that home treatments are the best treatments for your hair, rather than purchasing chemical products from the market. With some simple measures and little attention, you can avoid summer damage to your hair and manage to keep it healthy.